Sweet for Your Eyes, and for the Earth.
●Turning discarded ceramic chips into recycled clay
In Mino region, the largest ceramic production area in Japan, countless numbers of rejects are discarded. SAI Mug recycles those chips and pieces by grinding them fine, and use them as a recycled clay. The manufacturer, CHIPS inc. uses recycled clay for approximately 20% of the material, and their boxes are made of 100% recycled cardboard. The rejects and the cracked chips were not meant to be used for anything- but through creating SAI Mug, their goals are to give them another chance to brightens peoples' tables up, and to do their share on environmental conservation.
●Comfortably holds 240ml of your favourite drink
Minimalistic design with carefully crafted handle presents warmth and elegance in a single mug. It stands steadily on its own to hold your choice of drink, and can be piled together to be put away neatly, just like we do at Kyoto Stand.
●Brings warmth and color to your table
The selection of cheerfully light colored yet matt textured SAI Mugs are perfect for any occasion, from everyday use to being part of your party pieces. Beautifully hand-made, each mug is unique on its own.
Check out our blog post from here.
Size:Φ88 × H76mm 300ml
made in Japan
Suitable for: ・Microwave: OK ・Dishwasher: OK
NOT Suitable for: ・Oven: NG ・Direct flame: NG
- Due to their handmade nature, the shape, color and size may slightly varied depending on each item.
- You may find the surface uneven or with a flow/dripping mark of glaze, but please kindly embrace that they are a natural characteristics of the glazing material. All cups are unique to certain extent, even with the same glaze.
- The products contain finely smashed recyled pottery chips mixed in with clay. Because of that, you may find a slightly rough texture on the surface or a little black pinhole- they would not impede the quality and the function of the products.
- Please do not use cleansers or metal scrubbers as they may cause scratches on the surface.
- After use, use a soft sponge and dishwashing liquid to clean as soon as possible, and dry well before storing.
- The products can be washed in dishwashers and dryers, but please be careful not to have them shaken or in contact with other item during the washing/drying process as it may cause damage.
- The product is compatible with microwave, but please refrain from expose the product to a sudden and drastic temperature difference as it may cause damage or cracking.